Brie and Drunken Nuts, Shrimp Crown Imperial and a Macabucca Punch with Longboard Cafe
Chef Colby Hill with Longboard Cafe in Ocean City, Md. joins us in the Kirby and Holloway Kitchen to make an appetizer, entree and a cocktail.
We’re making Brie and Drunken Nuts, Shrimp Crown Imperial and a Macabucca Punch.
Check out the recipes below to make these delicious treats at home, or stop by Longboard Cafe on Coastal Highway. They’re open Monday-Thursday from 11 am-9 pm. Friday and Saturday from 11 am-10 pm and Sunday from 10 am-9 pm.
Be sure to follow Longboard Cafe on Facebook!
Brie & Drunken Nuts
- Drunken Nuts (recipe follows)
- 1 small wheel Brie or other triple cream cheese
- Baguette – sliced
- Prepare drunken nuts – keep warm
- Place baguette slices on sheet pan and broil low until lightly toasted
- Melt Brie in oven (300 degrees 4-5 minutes or microwave high for 1-2 minutes) until softened and starting to melt
- To Serve: Place drunken nuts on serving plate, place brie partially over, surround with baguette slices.
Drunken Nuts Recipe
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- ½ lb light brown sugar – 8oz
- 1-1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Water (to thin if needed)
- In a large sauce pan add sugar & brandy on low heat. DO NOT STIR.
- Boil until sugar is dissolved – 5-10 min – then stir in nuts. Add hot water 1 tablespoon at a time if too thick.
Shrimp Crown Imperial
- 16 U-12 Shrimp – peeled, deveined & butterflied
- 1 recipe Crab Imperial (recipe follows)
- 1 recipe Imperial topping (recipe follows)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide the crab imperial into 4 gratin dishes. Place in oven for about 8-10 minutes.
- While crab mixture is baking, sautee shrimp on medium heat about one minute per side.
- Remove crab imperial from oven. Place 4 shrimp evenly around edges of each gratin dish.
- Ladle ¼ of the imperial topping mixture over top.
- Place back in oven for about 3-4 minutes or until topping begins to lightly brown.
Crab Imperial Recipe
- ¼ stick unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, chopped medium-fine
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbsp capers, chopped
- Dash hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Old Bay
- 1-1/2 tsp cooking Sherry
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lb super lump crab meat
- Melt butter in sauce pan. Add green & red peppers and mushrooms. Cook until veggies start to sweat. Remove from heat
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients. then fold crab meat in gently
Imperial Topping Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- Dash paprika
- Dash cayenne
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire
- 1/3 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp parsley
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs. Whisk until beaten through.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- 1 part spiced rum
- 1 part white rum
- 1 part dark rum
- 1 part Passoa passion fruit liquer
- 2 parts pineapple juice
- Splash ginger ale
- Slice orange
- Cocktail cherry
- Mix all ingredients except ginger ale in a shaker cup with ice.
- Pour into pint glass or margarita glass, garnish with orange slice and cherry