Blood Oranage Margaritas and Chocolate Brownies with “Tide and Thyme” Food Blogger, Laura Davis
Food Blogger, Laura Davis, joins us in the DelmarvaLife kitchen today to make Blood Oranage Margaritas and Chocolate Brownies.
Check out more recipes at her blog, “Tide and Thyme.”
Blood Orange Margaritas:
- 3 oz tequila
- 2 oz Triple Sec
- 2 oz fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 4 oz fresh-squeezed blood orange juice (~3-4 oranges)
- 1 oz agave nectar
- kosher salt on plate, for rim
- Blood orange slices, for garnish
- Run slice of orange around rim of glass. Dip the rim of two small glasses into the salt, fill with ice, and set aside.
- Mix tequila, Triple Sec, lime, and orange juices well. Taste for sweetness and add agave if desired.
- Pour into glasses. Garnish with slices of orange.
Perfect Chocolate Brownies:
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup roughly chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 13×9 inch pan with foil and butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Combine butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a double boiler. Stir occasionally until melted.
- Whisk eggs together in a large bowl, then whisk in salt, sugars, and vanilla. Stir in chocolate and butter mixture, then fold in flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for about 45 minutes, until top has formed a shiny crust and batter is moderately firm.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for at least 1 hour before cutting.
- Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.