Local breweries are popping up all over Delmarva and craft beers are becoming more and more popular.
What goes better with a brewery than a beach? That’s exactly what Crooked Hammock in Lewes thought. Jon Schorah, brewer and brand development manager of Crooked Hammock and Chef Dominic Pandolfino join us in the studio.
Jon brought in some samples for us to try including Shoobie – a Belgian blonde ale, Mootzy’s Treasure IPA, and Wai Ola – a California coconut ale. Chef Dominic with Crooked Hammock is pairing the Wai Ola beer with mussels in the DelmarvaLife kitchen.
Beer featured: Wai Ola, Cali Coconut Ale
Entree Featured: Beer Mussels
1 cup White Onion Sliced
1 Cup Wai Ola – California Coconut Ale
Salt & Pepper
1.5 T Toasted Coconut
20ea PEI Mussels
1. Cook Sliced Onions in 1T of the butter, until golden brown.
2. Add mussels and cook for 2mins.
3. Slowly add beer while vigorously stirring the pan.
4. When mussels have opened add remaining butter, and stir until incorporated.
5. Plate and finish with toasted bread and toasted coconut