Asparagus and Strawberry Salad, Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo, and Strawberry Banana Chia Pudding: DelmarvaLife Facebook Live Recipes – Feb. 14, 2018
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Many couples will be enjoying dinner for two tonight whether it’s at a restaurant or their own home. Chef Sharliena Berry with Karmic Creations Catering joins us on our Facebook Live Show today to share a vegan Valentine’s Day menu with us.
We’re making asparagus and strawberry salad with a balsamic reduction, vegan cauliflower Alfredo, and strawberry banana chia pudding for two. Check out the recipes below:
Asparagus and Strawberry Salad with a Balsamic Reduction
- 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 20 medium strawberries sliced
- Zest of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch asparagus in boiling hot water for 3-4 minutes or until they turn bright green.
- Boil the balsamic vinegar until reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Divide asparagus among the plates and top with sliced berries, lemon zest, and salt and pepper.
- Use a spoon to drizzle each serving of asparagus with the balsamic syrup.
Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo
- 1 lb of pasta of choice
- 1 Small to medium head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk + more if needed to correct consistency
- 1/4 cup of vegan butter
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp of garlic powder, more if desired
- 1/2 yellow onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Add in whatever vegetables or ingredients you like to elevate the dish
- Bring two pots of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta to one cook until approx. 8-10 minutes
- Add cauliflower and onion to other pot boil until tender.
- Strain pasta and set aside.
- Strain cauliflower and add to food processor
- In the food processor add cauliflower, coconut milk, vegan butter, nutritional yeast, and garlic. Process until smooth add more coconut milk if needed. Add salt and pepper to taste. Combine pasta and sauce over medium heat for a few minutes, serve with your favorite add-in ingredients. Garnish with parley.
Strawberry Banana Chia Pudding
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbs of chia seeds
- 1 tbs of stevia
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tbs of sugar free banana pudding powder
- 1/4 cup of banana sliced
- 1/4 cup of strawberry chopped sliced
- Combine coconut milk, chia seeds, stevia, vanilla extract, and pudding mix.
- Place in a jar with lid or air tight container.
- Refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Top with strawberries and bananas.