Chefs for Habitat Gourmet Gala Preview and Taste of the Event
Delmarva is home to some extraordinary chefs.
There is an event coming up where you can sample signature dishes from those chefs and help people in the community become homeowners. We are talking about Chefs for Habitat 2019. Honorary chairs Chris and Chrissy Perdue, along with Christina Williams, the development coordinator with Habitat for Humanity of Wicomico County, join us to talk about the event.
It’s all happening on February 23rd and WBOC is a proud sponsor. If you would like more information on it, go to their website.
- 10 wonton wrappers
- To test salt and pepper
- 7 oz. fresh lobster meat, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 mango, diced
- 2 green onions chopped finely
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 bunch cilantro chopped finely
- 1 each red bell pepper
- 1 each green bell pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add all the ingredients for the lobster salad into a bowl and mix to combine.
3. Place in the refrigerator to chill while you make the wontons.
4. Lay out the wonton wrappers on a baking sheet and brush lightly with the olive oil.
5. Add the cumin and salt to a small bowl and mix together.
6. Season the wonton wrappers with the salt mixture and place in the oven to bake for 8 minutes. Watch them carefully as they cook so that they don’t burn.
7. Remove from the oven and cool.
8. Once the wontons are cooled, add a large spoonful the lobster salad center of the wonton.
9. Serve immediately.